Writing and photography have always been two passions of mine. Before moving to China in 2015 I graduated with a bachelor degree in Public Relations and Mass Communications. After moving to China, I wanted to combine my experience writing with my love for traveling and started Rachel Meets China to share my experiences with others.
Below is a portfolio of writing, photography, media events, and social media collaborations I have done with many brands in the following forms:
- Featured Articles and Guest Blog Posts
- Notable Blog Mentions
- Media Trips and Collaborations
- Instagram Story Takeovers
- Video Livestreams and Interviews
If you would like to work with me for a guest post, sponsored review, or media event, or have another idea, please contact me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can view my media kit at the bottom of the page or download it here: Rachel Meets China Media Kit June 2020.
I currently work as the Digital Marketing and Social Media Coordinator for Career China and First Leap China in Beijing where I write, edit, and post blogs and other social media content. I also curate and edit content from other expats living in China. You can read some of my articles here:
- First Leap China Articles by Rachel
- How to Become An International Blogger by Teaching English in China
- Top 10 Reasons You Should Teach English Abroad in China in 2020
- Embracing the Quirks of Chinese Culture
- 8 Awesome Places Expats In China Traveled Over the National Holiday
Guest Blog Posts
I’ve also written and collaborated with other online sites. You can check those out below:
- Tour China Travel – One Week In Beijing: Top Things To Do
- Culture Trip – How To Spend 24 Hours in Beijing’s Central Business District
- The Fewer Things – 10 Reasons You Should Teach English In China
- That Charles Life: How to Transition From Teaching ESL Abroad to a New Career
- CTrip: Travel Experience in Zunyi
Notable Blog Mentions
- Vidalingua: Top 12 Travel Blogs for China
- Feedspot: Top 30 Beijing Influencers, Blogs, Podcasts & Youtubers in 2020
- Teach Future – 3 Amazing Blogs for a Better Understanding of What Life is Like Abroad
- Feedspot – Top 35 Teaching in China Blogs, Websites and Newsletters To Follow in 2018
- Expat Arrivals – Expat Blogs in China
- Expat Arrivals – Living in Beijing vs. Guangzhou
- Expat Focus: China Blogs
China Plus: Americans in China Video Interviews
In June 2020 I collaborated with China Plus on a variety of video interview projects, including a feature interview and a livestream.
A Fascinating Night of Huangshan: Ctrip and Shanghai Tourism Department Promotional Event
On August 22, 2019 I was invited to join A Fascinating Night of Huangshan, a promotional event hosted by the Shanghai Tourism Department and Ctrip. I became a Huangshan International Citizen and gave a speech about my experience hiking Huangshan, and also did an Instagram Takeover for LetsLocal. Read more: A Fascinating Night of Huangshan: Ctrip and Shanghai Tourism Department Promotional Event
Ctrip Travel Experience Collaboration: Zunyi, Guizhou
In July 2019 I traveled to Zunyi, Guizhou in China and took part in a Travel Experience in collaboration with Ctrip and the Zunyi Municipal Bureau of Culture and Tourism. Here’s the article I wrote for the Ctrip site: Travel Experience in Zunyi, Guizhou.
A Fascinating Night of Zunyi: Ctrip and Shanghai Tourism Department Promotional Event
After my travel experience in Zunyi, I was invited to speak at a Zunyi Promotional Event to celebrate the city and promote future tourism there on November 11, 2019. I gave a presentation about my favorite things from the trip and was presented as a Zunyi Global Ambassador! Read more here: A Fascinating Night of Zunyi: Ctrip Promotional Event for Zunyi in Shanghai
Beijing Instagram Story Takeover: Partnership with RADII
In July 2020 I took over RADII’s Instagram Stories for a day to show some of my favorite places around Beijing! Follow me from the hutongs and Houhai Lake to the Forbidden City and SOHO Sanlitun.
Best Foods to Try in China: Food Tour with Lost Plate Food Tours
Lost Plate Food Tours invited me to join their new “Flavors of China” restaurant tour in Beijing on December 1, 2019 for a special media event, and I happily (and hungrily) accepted. Lost Plate Food Tours offers specialized food tours in Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, and Xi’an with the goal of introducing you to local flavors and dishes you may have never tried before.
You can watch my Instagram Stories about their Food Tour here and read about my experience with their food tour here: Best Foods to Try in China: Food Tour with Lost Plate Food Tours
Below is my media kit (updated June 2020). For more information about my social media stats and website traffic, feel free to contact me: email@example.com